Online video marketing is no longer a gimmick. It has become a very practical and widely adopted marketing tool. Which does increase customer engagement and lead conversion rates for all businesses, when implemented correctly.
You see, these latest statistics just show how many people watch online video, and show how powerful and important video is to your businesses marketing strategy.
- There are 4 billion views on YouTube a day. With an hour of footage uploaded every second.
- 68% of viewers who watch online videos will pass links for those videos onto their friends…turning them into viral traffic machines.
- Video Marketing Campaigns can increase click through rates by up to 750%
And Cisco have announced (which is now backed up by YouTube) that video will be 90% of all internet traffic by 2013.
So, What does this mean?
Well, if you run a business and you are not using online video marketing to promote your business it’s services/products. The you are massively missing out on potential customers, leads and sales. And if you are not picking up those customers and sales you can be sure that your competitors are.
According to socialmediatoday a new survey from Bright Roll found that 65% of marketers are to reallocate their campaign spending from TV to online videos in 2012 . More than 25% see online and mobile video as the two platforms that will have the overall largest spend increases in the next two years.
This tells us 2 things -
- Advertisers are getting a better return for their investment on internet advertising . (Rather than traditional forms or advertising like TV and print).
- If advertisers are seeing better results on internet advertising it’s because more and more people are now using the internet to find and buy products and services online.
What are the benefits of online video marketing?
There are massive benefits for business if they add online video marketing campaigns to their marketing strategies. Here are the main reasons.
- Stand out from the crowd.
- Educate your customers, positioning yourself as an authority and leader in your field.
- Build relations with your customers before they have contacted you or entered your store.
- Get ahead of your competitors, by reaching larger audiences.
- Video is 50 times more likely to show up on the first page of a Google search than a text page from the same index
- Add a personal touch to your website & communications.
- Use video content across your social media platforms creating interactivity with your audience
Ultimately, online video marketing is here to stay and it’s only going to grow. Becoming more and more important to the way businesses will advertise over the coming years.
We’re currently ahead of the curve in the early adopters stage which means there is a massive opportunity for you to make a mark and position yourself as an expert in your field before your competitors do.
Don’t waste anytime, take action now and start implementing online video marketing into your marketing strategies.
For more information and online video marketing services contact Adam Laurie.